Verse of the day...

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Just call them "Emeril" and "Rachael"

The kiddos enjoyed a "field trip" to a new place in town yesterday. It is called YOUNG CHEFS ACADEMY. The kiddos get to complete a recipe, learn cooking skills and kitchen safety, and then eat what they make. They had a blast! Of course, since they already cook with their daddy so much, I just knew they'd enjoy it!

Measuring their flour & learning to level it off...



They were making cheesy bread sticks for their recipe. Nat got to add the olive oil.


Will got to add the yeast.


After they rolled out their dough and sliced it into bread sticks, each child got to coat their dough strips with egg white and then add cheese. Will kept saying the whole time, "I'm hungry!" I had to convince him to wait to eat the bread sticks until after they were baked.


And here they are enjoying their cheesy bread sticks! They washed them down with some "Pirate Punch" they had made. We had a marvelous time and plan on heading back soon.

No comments: