Verse of the day...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Church and Check-Ups

This past Sunday was my first trip back to church and Spencer's first-ever trip to church. We got him all dressed up in his hospital coming-home outfit. The kiddos were happy to help! We actually left on time...what a miracle with three kids!


Spencer didn't spend too much time actually "in" church. First, he had to go out to be fed. Then, once brought back in, he proceeded to make a huge poop in his pants. And then, when Erick brought him back in, he got a HUGE case of the hiccups...so loud we had to take him out. :)

Am I handsome or what?!


This past Monday, I took Spencer in for his one month check-up with his pediatrician. She was so impressed with his growth...he weighed 9 lbs and 13 oz and was 22 inches long. He has gained almost 2 lbs since birth! The doctor also couldn't believe how strong his neck already is and that he already is doing some "tummy time" each day and holding his head up. I think Spencer wants to develop quickly so he can hang with his bro and his sis!


Spencer was SOOO good for the doctor, too! He didn't fuss once. I'm sure that will change at his 2 month check-up when he gets three immunizations!


2 comments:

JB said...

Leslie, I know I've said this before, but, Spencer is a beautiful baby! So glad he's doing great. And, the blanket in the last picture is adorable!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Oh my goodness, Leslie! He is SOOOO cute! He really is "beautiful" as JB said. And, that trip to church sounds oh so familiar! Abby Kate's first few Sundays, I spent the whole time in the back feeding or changing! But, it's still nice to be back with the church family....and I'm sure everyone has LOVED getting to see baby Spencer!