Verse of the day...

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mom Moment

Yesterday we were driving home (me and the three kiddos) from getting Natalie and Will's hair cut. I had turned on the radio to the local Christian station. A song from Kutless, came on. Natalie used to sing this song in her class at school last year and she even knows the sign language motions. So, her and I start singing it and then we here Will chime in. "We Fall Down,We cwy howy, howy, howy is da wamb." (that's we cry holy, holy, holy is the lamb for those of you who don't know the song). Will says, "I know this song! We sing it in class!" He was so excited! So there we were, the three of us (+ Spencer...can't quite sing yet) singing praise in the car. It was such a wonderful moment for me...I got all teary-eyed and just had to lift my hands up in praise! Thank you, God, for that precious moment of hearing Natalie and Will lift their sweet little voices to honor You. I was quickly snapped back to reality when Nat told me to get my hands back on the steering wheel! Oh well...it was great for a moment and something I'll always treasure and remember!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Love this story! Laiken used to sing "Go Light Your World" and Carson loved "Awesome God." I remember how when they went off to public school, they were surprised that they didn't sing "church songs" in class anymore. Having those songs be a part of their everyday lives is so great.

Kate said...

LOVE it! It's funny how I won't raise my hands at church, but give me the radio and two praise singin' kids in the back seat and I turn almost Charismatic! Hee Hee! Keep sharing, girl... you are doing a fabulous job, and the Lord is honoring that!

Regina said...

Hey girl it is time for an update, I just updated mine! :0)Thanks for your phone call, you are always such a voice of encouragement and I always feel uplifted after we chat! I know the fitting went well and you looked HAWT!! :) I just emailed you some pics of soccer party! :)

Jill said...

This story is so precious. You are a great mom and an amazing example to your kids!